cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300 rack mount brackets

easimpson
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco RMAd an older switch for me and sent an SF300-24P as a warranty replacement. They did not include the brackets to mount it and can not seem to be able to get or find them for me. I have contacted Cisco both by email and phone only to be given the run around and ultimately hung up on. I have also spent much time searching online with little result. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on a bracket kit for this switch?                  

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Easimpson, there is not a replacement part for the rack ears. These would only be obtainable via RMA with a whole unit or via a purchase of a new unit.

But out of curiosity... you sent in your mounting hardware?

The RMA is advance replacement so this is not logical that you removed all of your hardware when you received the replacement first.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom, Thank you for your response.

The switch was for a voip phone system in small business office, so the switch was replaced with a new one before the warranty replacement arrived. The broken switch, hardware and power cord were all packed into the box and made ready to ship out when the warrant replacement did arrive.

It doen't seem right that one can not aquire these parts, as there are others out there that also need them.

I saw a post while searching where someone was looking for these brackets and a Cisco Employee Sr Product Manager indicated that he could get them for him, then told the next person to contact support and they would be able to help him.

Cisco support has so far been unable to help me.

Ed.