Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 300-52 52-Port Gigabit Managed Switch

eandrcisco007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gentlemen,

We have recently purchased SG 300-52Port Cisco Switch to support our Network but they constantly having some bizarre issues or I assume bugs, i.e. we cannot Telnet nor SSH to the switch now, whereas we were able to SSH before, we have set them up for Remote Log Services to get some syslogs and reports but no report have been generated nor logs,

I have done some testing through Wireshark and there are absolutely no reports / logs.

We have some real issues with this switch and it’s hard to believe that this is a Cisco Product,

SG 300-52 Port Gigabit Managed Switch

Firmware Version (Active Image ) : 1.1.1.8

Firmware Version (Non-active ) : 1.1.0.73

Boot Version : 1.0.0.4

It would be appreciated if someone could shed some light so that we could fix these issues.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Edward,

Check under Security > TCP/UDP Services and make sure the Telnet and SSH are enabled.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have already checked that and they are all enabled but still not working!!!

Honest with you, these switches acting really strange... unreal

Regards

What else have you noticed acting strange on the switch? It may be an idication of other problems. Also, are you able to log into the webGUI for the switch?

Yes, i am able to log into Web GUI,

I have had some serious issues before with set up/add different VLANs but we somehow make it work even though i am not optimistic...

Other problem that is now pending is setup Remote Log Services to get some syslogs.. it doesn’t generate anything no logs no reports ...

I am going to backup it up / reset /update the firmware again and see how it works.

Let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks.

With the other problems you have described, I would certainly try to do the reflash and backup. If you continue to have problems like this afterward, I would recommend giving us a call here at the support center. I will add the link just in case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks Robert,

That is what i have planned to do, I will get back to you or try to get to online support if it would not work.

Appreciate for your follow up