Views
Helpful
Replies

[SG200-26] Can't change management VLAN

Stefan Ginzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've purchased a new SG200-26 switch and upgraded it to the newest possible version:

Cisco SG200-26 firmware info

I configured multiple VLANs - nothing special - however if I try now to change the management VLAN (as I did multiple times for my SG200-8 switches) I simply can't:

sg200-26 management vlan problem

It doesn't matter if there is an interface up in the new management VLAN, I even configured a port as access port for the VLAN i want to use. The option just never gets editable. What may be the problem here?

The only way to 'force' the switch to use my VLAN as management VLAN is to set it as Default VLAN...

For me this looks like a bug in the firmware? Can anyone who has the same switch with the same version as me please check? As said, the same thing works flawlessly on my SG200-08.

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies 2

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

So when you choose Static for the IP address type it will not let you edit?

Mike

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stefan

looks like this issue has a official bugreport on Cisco - CSCuy01472.

>If device is in default config - user cannot select a VLAN other than 1 as management VLAN, even if VLAN exists and has port member in up state.(CSCuy01472)

moreover - this issue seems to be fixed in latest switch firmware 1.4.2.04 which released just yesterday (2nd feb). You can check it out.