Views
Helpful
Replies

SG220-26P switch keeps turning off

oceanswitch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there.

We have a SG220-26P switch that behaves weird.

It turns on, proceeds booting (System LED blinking green), then after less than a minute it shuts down without any further notice.

- If we leave it connected to the power, then after a few minutes it turns back on automatically, attempts to boot again and turns off once more.

- If we leave it disconnected from the power for some time (let's say 30 minutes), then once reconnected it succeds booting (System LED becomes steady green), but after a few minutes it turns off again and proceeds repeating the boot sequence like before.

This began happening after a worker mistakenly severed a cable connected to it, so I think it might be an hardware issue, but it's still weird how the switch succeeds at turning itself on and only shuts down after some time.

Should I just replace it or maybe there's something I can do to try and identify/fix the problem?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Definitely looks like a hardware issue to me (in progress) ; last resort action(s) could be  factory reset , you may want to save the configuration first externally and import again , check if that makes a difference in the device behavior , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '