cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG250-26 Firmware 2.5.9.54 update changed password

Wayne2024
Level 1
Level 1

We received updated the firmware on our SG250-26 switch to version 2.5.9.54.  After rebooting, we cannot log in.  Our known login credentials don't work and the default cisco/cisco doesn't work either.  What happened?  Firmware updates should NOT change login credentials!

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

do you use local authentication ?  or a radius (AAA) server ?
if AAA, check if the switch can still communicate with the AAA server

is there an error message you can share ?
suggestion: connect a console cable and power-off/-on the switch , collect the console logging at boot for inspection

Wayne2024
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, we do use local authentication.  I pinged the swtich from our AAA server and it can communicate.

When we try to log in using ourknown credentials, it says "Invalid user name or password.  Please try again."

We also tried using the previous login credentials and the default cisco/cisco, but none work.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/update-to-2-5-8-12-login-problem/td-p/4463118

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '