cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10 MAC ACL Help Please! -2

egemen1981
Level 1
Level 1

What i am trying to achive is allow only specific mac addresses on switch and deny all others by using MAC ACE.

My rules are as below;   What is wrong?  It does not allow to specific host! Wildcard mask 00:00:00:00:00:00 is correct for host?

Action        Source                                                                                     Destination                                 Mask

permit         any                                                                                     ab:cd:ef:aa:bb:cd(Host MAC)       00:00:00:00:00:00

permit         ab:cd:ef:aa:bb:cd(Host MAC)(mask:00:00:00:00:00:00)               any        

deny           any                                                                                             any

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Looks good, i am wonfering if the device of interest needs to ARP at layer 2 to get a IP address for this this MAC address mentioned have a static IP address ?

i tried it and got the following results ;

My first entry is to deny layer 2 access to my NAS server at 192.168.20.61 -  ping failed.

My second entry allows me to manage my SG300-10P switch 192.168.20.200 -  ping succeeded

My third unseen entry is probably the implicit deny all.

So my attempt to ping the internet address of 4.2.2.1 failed

My attempt to ping my router gateway at 192.168.20.1 also failed.

I still have to worry about ARPing at layer 2.  But the bottom line is my filters worked, I think the pings in the screen capture below show that.

i kept it simple, only applied my  MAC ACL filter to the port that my PC was connected to, and not all ports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Looks good, i am wonfering if the device of interest needs to ARP at layer 2 to get a IP address for this this MAC address mentioned have a static IP address ?

i tried it and got the following results ;

My first entry is to deny layer 2 access to my NAS server at 192.168.20.61 -  ping failed.

My second entry allows me to manage my SG300-10P switch 192.168.20.200 -  ping succeeded

My third unseen entry is probably the implicit deny all.

So my attempt to ping the internet address of 4.2.2.1 failed

My attempt to ping my router gateway at 192.168.20.1 also failed.

I still have to worry about ARPing at layer 2.  But the bottom line is my filters worked, I think the pings in the screen capture below show that.

i kept it simple, only applied my  MAC ACL filter to the port that my PC was connected to, and not all ports.

Your Reply gave me an idea.

I have wrote a rules that permit access to switch mac address from specific host mac address and bind acl to interface.

Thank you for your help