Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-10MP no LED light at port

today i got a sg 300-10mp PoE managed switch.

I plug the network cable and set an IP to GUI to the default IP (192.168.1.254)

the problem is the port doesn't show light when connect to notebook. How am i supposed to enter GUI.

Any idea why?? why the port is like in shutdown state and not enable??

do i need to do anything via console??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok,

First, try several ports, and if you have another workstation available, please try that. Also check the cable that you are using, it is a good idea to test that cable with another piece of equipment to make sure you have a good cable. It is normal for the power LED to blink, it will do that while on the default IP address of 192.168.1.254.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

josejack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mohd,

My name is Joseph. When the switch initially boots up, does the port that you are trying to connect to light up? by default, the ports are all enabled and all on default vlan 1. On boot up, if the ports do light up, then attempt to access the web interface with another workstation if possible.

Let me know how this works out.

hi joseph,

during initialization..all were up simutenously then off, after a while the power keep on blinking, i plug my network cable but the port no LED so does my LAN adapter on notebook.

Weird huh!!

Ok,

First, try several ports, and if you have another workstation available, please try that. Also check the cable that you are using, it is a good idea to test that cable with another piece of equipment to make sure you have a good cable. It is normal for the power LED to blink, it will do that while on the default IP address of 192.168.1.254.

ok sure,

i can only try it tomorrow morning,

but is the default ip address is already set to 192.168.1.254. How do i check it at via console??

hi guys,

Ok, today, I'm using another workstation and it just plug & play, as simple as that..the port LED light in ON. I can browse to the default IP (192.168.1.254) and perform configuration.

Why is my laptop doesn't work?? Weird, it can be used in another device (other switch, router).

Any idea why? firewall? setting??

Hello Mohd,

I am not sure what model of NIC you have on your laptop, but there may be an issue with the negotiation, this is only a guess. I'm glad you were able to access the web interface and configure the switch. That is kind of weird though, I will agree.

Glad we could assist you