cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-20 TCAM

Brad Jennings
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG300-20 at one of our buildings running in layer 3 mode.  Ever since I moved over to running as a DHCP replay, we are fighting with high tcam utilization.  I've moved the maximum up to 386 but still have to reboot it once every couple of days to get it to relay.  Pretty much everything else configured on the switch is set to defaults.  Is there something I need to change or is this switch just too small and if it is too small, what should I be using.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brad

provide us with screenshot of TCAM utilization table (Status and Statistics -> TCAM Utilization) and Router resource usage (Administration -> Router Resources) to see if there is a chance to reallocate TCAM usage.

By the way you can follow up on SG300 Admin guide on page 67 in order to modify TCAM allocation per each group. Seems this is the only chance how to adjust TCAM usage.

If there is no possibility to relocate existing TCAM utilization then the only option for you would be to move to more powerful device like SG500 (TCAM is 4-times larger than in SG300) or SG500X (6-times larger) which should satisfy your existing and future needs.

Thanks for the response.  

Right now, as you can see things are holding steady but I suspect it'll peak out today.  And I was wrong, this is an SF300.  Is the SG500 still 4 times larger that the SF300?

Is the SG500 still 4 times larger that the SF300?

yea, seems SG300 and SF300 have same TCAM memory size.