cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-28 How update boot from file rfb - version 1.3.5.06

piotrkuchciak
Level 1
Level 1

I download to my switch SG300-28 new firmware version 1.3.5.58 I package zip i found two file:

sx300_fw-13558.ros   - this is the firmware

sx300_boot-13506.rfb  this is the boot code

I upgrade firmware by WEBGUI swicth. ADMINISTRATION>FILE MANAGEMENT>UPGRADE/BACKUP FIRMWARE/LANGUAGE

But i dont know how i can upgrade BOOT from WEBGUI or other... Please help me a tell my how-step by step.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Piotr, the boot can be loaded through TFTP. When you go to Admin -> File Management -> Upgrade/backup Firmware, you'll notice the boot option is grey when the HTTP/HTTPS is selected. If you choose the TFTP option everything becomes active.

If you don't have a TFTP server, you can download TFTPD32 (332 bit) or TFTPD64 (64 bit). It's free and very basic.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Piotr, the boot can be loaded through TFTP. When you go to Admin -> File Management -> Upgrade/backup Firmware, you'll notice the boot option is grey when the HTTP/HTTPS is selected. If you choose the TFTP option everything becomes active.

If you don't have a TFTP server, you can download TFTPD32 (332 bit) or TFTPD64 (64 bit). It's free and very basic.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Ok... That's what I did.

Hello.-

After reading release notes and some experiences in this forum, I am really worried about upgrading a SG300 firmware 1.1.2.0 to version 1.3.5.58. Release Notes points out that you have to update the boot loader before the firmware. However some users report that they had to reconfigure the switche after the upgrade.

My concern are.

- Is it necesary to boot the switche after upgrading the boot loader ?. This is not going to be a problem with the old firmware?.

- Can I apply the confirguration backup after the firmware upgrade or is necesary to reset to factory default and do it from scratch ?.

Thanks.