Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-52P power blinks only green think is in loop mode

HGSoldier
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

We have a client, that as various Cisco Switches, one of them is now down!

A SG300-52P from the mainframe is in power blinks only green, think is in loop testing mode and it no stops.

all ports when switch on powers up and blinks once and then shutdowns...

i have unplug also the fiber spf ports to try reavive the switch...

the fans when switch powers on is on idle mode, but then past a few seconds it blews up and continues staying in that loudly noisy without working leads on the ports inly the power lead stays green blinking....

i can not acess web interface by the static ip that was present, not even by serial port..

i have then reset the switch by more than 10 seconds to be able to reset the system but without sucess...

all cable are off no dhcp on the ports i have tried to acess the ip that was 10.x.x.231 and tried also acess to default factory ip 192.168.1.254 without sucess...

when it resets when i plug a cable on a port it starts blink the poe port and the lan port,... on the pc that i tried to configured the switch, there is a conexion with yellow triangle,... meaning it has conexion for sometime, because in the switch, stays up the leds up on the port by 3 seconds and then it shutdowns the led ports... and then on the pc there is no connection red X...

the switch was having the last firmware 1.4...!

the switch was with vlans configurations...

the switch is not having neither 1 year warranty.... but the client does not have contract either meantime...

Can anybody suggest a resolution for this or i make a RMA...

Thanks in advanced.

1 Reply 1

Milan Milanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

I kindly advise you to call our support line at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

so we can try to determine why your switch enters a reboot loop and possibly replace it if we can't save it.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov