Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 port shutdown,

pmpmonica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A client of mine, as a SG300-52M switch with an unknown configuration (because the owner is an ISP), but it can connect/use on it the desktops of the company and it work fine. He tried to connect an HPE 1920 switch, and both connected ports (SG300 and HPE) lights on link, but rapidly (after about 1 second) goes off and the SG300 port stays blocked and unoperational. The HPE port after that, with other devices connected, continues to works.

Maybe as something to do with some implemented VLAN on SG300? Does any one as any experience with a kind of problem like this?

Thank's

Pedro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pedro

So does the HP work at all after this happens?

Without being able to see the CLI of the SG300 and the port state, we can only guess.

My money would be on BPDUGuard disabling the port on the SG300.

The HP will send BPDU's to the Cisco and if BPDUGuard has been enabled on the SG300, it may err-disable the port.

I would assume the ISP have taken steps to stop people plugging in random switches :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pedro

So does the HP work at all after this happens?

Without being able to see the CLI of the SG300 and the port state, we can only guess.

My money would be on BPDUGuard disabling the port on the SG300.

The HP will send BPDU's to the Cisco and if BPDUGuard has been enabled on the SG300, it may err-disable the port.

I would assume the ISP have taken steps to stop people plugging in random switches :)

Hi,

I was informed that this issue as been resolved. I think that your bet was right. By my client info, the ISP as disable something on the desired uplink port of SG300 and everithing work's fine.

Thank's for you concern,

Pedro