cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 switches

tariqalqadi
Level 1
Level 1

i have two SG300 switches in two sites connected through data link VPN (layer two) , in site b i have SG300-24P cameras and NVR

in Site A ( main) SG300-24.

in site A i have such as Limited access to Site b through the data link..only few pc's can reach and the rest can't 

the configuraion on both switches is default (factory default) 

DHCP service from Main Site (A) it can reach to hosts in Site B normally...

but the problem that not all hosts on Site A can reach Site B (no PING)

Switches configuration Is same All interfaces trunk and untagged (default)

what could cause this problem? dose Smartport could make limittaion on the port connected to the ISP mode fro datalink for limited hosts ?

2 Replies 2

jonrodr2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my name is Jonathan and i am one of the Engineers here at the Cisco SBSC team. I apologize for the inconvenience with this units.

As a first step i would like to suggest check on the firmware version that both of the switches are running, on our website we have the latest version 1.4.5.2. So if the units are not already on this number please proceed with the upgrade,  it is a best practice to do a factory reset after an upgrade so i advise to do it but if you don't want to lose your current configuration you can save a backup file before and then test the units. 

If you still face issues with this matter, you can contact us at 1-866-606-1866 and open a ticket with us. thanks and have a great day.

hi jonathan,

i only have this problem through the data link between the both sites. site b is just 5 PC's and they can communicate with only some of devices in Site A like they can reach the DC but not the Hyper V server and the VM's and other devices site b just see some devices in site A.

and on Network map on windows some devices see site B From A but cannot ping it....

its weird situation. i would check the switches but they are on the default factory config only 1 vlan.