cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-10P - Switch-Wide Packet Loss When Static LAG Partner Uncooperative?

matthew1471
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had horrible and intermittent packet loss across all 10 ports on my Cisco SG350-10P recently. I spent ages trying to diagnose it. Eventually I solved it by realising the Ubiquiti Unifi AC-HD access point did not have the option ticked "Enable port aggregation" so while my Cisco was set to bound the 2 ports into a static LAG, the access point would not have co-operated.

To be fair, the Unifi AP does say next to this option "Make sure to enable port aggregation on the downstream switch after enabling port aggregation on the AP." but I did not expect the issue to take out the whole switch (at best just the Unifi port I was expecting to see packet loss)

The thing that threw me is apart from a flood, why would one port be able to cause issues across all the other ports on a switch? I thought the switch was designed that 1 port should not affect another?

I presume that the Cisco would have been seeing an incorrect Link Layer presented to it.. but I could not see anything in the logs reporting this.

Most of my searches about LAG end up talking about LACP, which I have explicitly disabled. What does refusing to participate in Static LAG do that could cause a problem for the switch?

...and finally... is this a bug in the Cisco switch?

0 Replies 0