cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 multicast on multi-switch configuration

eleanor.lawson
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cisco SG350 switches in different buildings that a client wants to use to stream multicast video from a source located in one building to a destination device in the other building. The device manufacturer recommends using the SG350X series but can't give a straight answer whether using the 350 series is impossible in this situation or just not recommended/supported by manufacturer knowledge base. 

Multicast devices are in their own vlan, uplink between switches is set up as a trunk (trunk is a 3-gig static lag1) and is functioning. Core switch is set up as the Querier. Multicast streams work on each switch local. Can I send multicast streams over the uplink and if so how to configure? 

Configuration notes: Streaming devices use IGMPv2, IPv4 forwarding method is by MAC group address. 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOL9qStcDY

M,

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '