cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sg350x stacked port channel high cpu load

Gvs22748
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this issue of high CPU load on a stacked SG350x-24 data switch when using port channel that span across the stack to edge stacked switches. We use the 24 port switches at the core and 2 or 4 (try to keep to 4) port port channels to Edge stacked SG350x-48P  switches.  If we have for example 7 or 8 port channels configured with many vlans, on booting the core switch does not complete booting with 100% CPU time, attempting to bring up the port channels.  A unstacked switch does not have this issue. SG500 swtches do not have this issue. 

We cannot get into the switch other than serial concole and the switches does not perform.

This sounds very much like a bug in the stacking process, esp since the SG500 do not have this fault.

We are running

Active-image: flash://system/images/ciscoOct19.bin
Version: 2.5.0.90
MD5 Digest: a3518dae9be5eaba8ffd726de14367fa
Date: 26-Sep-2019
Time: 16:18:10

System Description: SG350X-24 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch

Any suggestionm other than bin the 350X's?  We find more than expected DOA too.

Thanks

Gary

2 Replies 2

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Gvs22748,

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Anton and I am part of the Cisco SBS Support Team.

I would recommend to you to update frimware version of the switch to latest 2.5.0.92 which you can find at:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg350x-24-24-port-gigabit-stackable-managed-switch/model.html#~tab-downloads

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Hi Anton,

We did set a bench test of the same field setup using the firmware version you highlighted with the same results. 2.5.0.92.  This is unfortunately the latest and final firmware available for these switches.

We did find when stacked, it did not seem to matter how many vlans were associated of configured in the trunks that spanned the port channel.  When we had a port channel on an un-stacked switched, it could bring up all 4000 (to test) vlans without much bother.

Thanks

Gary