cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X temperature readings via SNMP misbehave when in stack

hb020
Level 1
Level 1

My setup: two SG350X-24 in a native stack, (close to) latest firmware.

Although "show env" in terminal (and in the web GUI) shows only "OK" for temperature readings, SNMP (via

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.101.53.15.1.10.1 and 
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.101.53.15.1.10.2)

seems to be able to give a real temperature readings, for each of the switches involved (see the 1 and 2 at the end). So far so good.

However, when I reboot one of the switches, the temperature readings from the switch that rebooted last are stuck. I do not get an error, it is just that the value read does not change anymore. Until I reboot the other one. So in essence, I request the temperature for both, I get 2 values, but only 1 of them (from the master in the stack as far as I can see) gets refreshed over time. About a year ago, both readings seemed to work, but since then I've done some firmware updates, and a couple of reboots, and things seem to have gone bad. Other SNMP readings, like port stats, are not affected by this.

Is this a bug, or "normal", and/or is there something I can do to read the real temperature from both? 

I found nothing about this in the release notes of the latest firmwares.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X