Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-28 password exceeded maximum lifetime - old password incorrect

David H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am attempting to log in to an SG500 switch. I have the correct password, on logging in I am presented with 

"Your password has exceeded the maximum lifetime. Please change the password for better protection of your network."

On doing so, I see the error that "Incorrect old password.."

How can I log in to the switch?

Firmware is version 1.3.7.18. I have tried alternate browser (first attempt Chrome, second Firefox).

Thanks,

David

7 Replies 7

From the CLI, I found the command "no passwords aging"

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean if I connect a terminal via serial cable, I can turn this feature off, and then log in successfully? Does the switch need to be rebooted to do this?

Hi David,

Yes, connect a terminal via serial cable and disable passwords aging or password aging 0. It is not necessary to apply a reboot.

David H
Level 1
Level 1

To help anybody else who has the same problem:

When you see the form, if you leave all old, new and confirm password fields blank, and leave password strength enforcement checked as disabled, you can then click apply and bypass having to change the password.

I didn't have any luck with trying to connect from the console.

juamperio
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, thanks so much.

Hello juamperio,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan, and I am part of the Small Business department here at Cisco, the previews comments are correct if you unchecked the password strength and leave the blanks you can access to the menu afterwards, it seems that you already solve the issue, if not please let us know in case you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Hello Guys,

i hope you are doing well.

Straight to the point, we have few CBS350 Series Switches and for all them the same password expired page is appearing and none of the above method is working for me, can someone help please????

Thank you in advance.