cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 LAG over multiple stacked switches?

Pavel Szalbot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, does LAG work across stacked SG500 switches? I would like to create LAG with ports on multiple switches to achieve switch redundancy in case of failure. Administration guide does not provide any info on this issue if I am correct.

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pavel, yes you may make a LAG on different switches that are stack members.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,Pavel,

Can you confirm this worked ok?

I am about to propose a solution with 2 x SG500-52MP stacks hooking back into a 2960X-24TS-L core stack and wanted to confirm I can run LAG over the SG500 cluster using ports on different switches as part of the same etherchannel connection.

Hi Luke, 

yes it worked, but I have replaced SG500 since then. We lost parts of configuration so many times - restarting switch in stack, adding switch to stack, removing switch to stack. Stack even malfunctioned after one unit had been added, so we needed to restart it again and configure VLANs again... And yes - we had backups, running configuration was saved as startup etc.

We migrated to fiber (12 port SFP+ switches from Dell), left aggregation/LACP and are happy since. 

Catalyst stacking might work better, SG500 are useless.