Views
Helpful
Replies

SG550X: No routing after binding ACL to VLAN

sponger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon a problem and hope you can help me with that - but I fear it's a bug...

I'm using two stacked SG550X as core with IPv4 Routing enabled. A few months ago I've configured some ACLs that were working like a charm - until I added one simple entry today.

When binding any ACL to a specific VLAN now, routing from and to this VLAN stops working. Clients within this VLAN can communicate with each other, but they can not reach any client in any other VLAN. There are some other ACLs I did not touch and they are still working like expected.

I've tried to delete all ACL entries and to add just one "Any Any" rule that should allow all traffic. I've even tried it with a completely new ACL with one "Any Any" rule. Same behaviour - as soon as I bind any ACL to the VLAN, routing seems to be disabled for this VLAN...

anyanyrulet.JPG

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's odd behavior for sure. ...Do you have any other ACL..other than one?

have you saved the config, if not try to reload and see if that fix the issue?

what firmware running on this switch ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are other ACLs for further VLANs. These are still working.

Rebooting or restoring the config from backup could be an option, but only on sundays or holidays...

Firmware is 2.4.0.94 - I will try the latest 2.5.9.15, but this kind of issue does not seem to be addressed in the Release Notes.