Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2048 and Cisco IP Phones

greenbmicro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Here is my network toplogy   ISP---->ASA----->SRW2048------>POE injector----->Phone

I have a weird situation. I have approximately 7 Cisco IP Phones connected to PoE injectors and connected to a SRW2048 switch. The phones will get a network unavailable error on screen and the switchport will be down physically.

If I plugged the phone directly into the ASA on one of the PoE ports the phones registers to the Call Manager

(By the way the Call Manager is in another building connected by Site to Site tunnel)

If I plug my laptop into the PoE injector and into SRW2048 I get an IP address.

If I plug the PoE injector into a small 8 port 10/100 workgroup switch and then plug it into the SRW2048, the phones work.

Is there some kind of setting in the SRW2048 that won't allow the phone to connect?

I also wiped the switch so it has the default configuration on it. We also have no VLANS.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Have you check on the switch if the port is coming up? You may also check interface counters to verify that connection is bidirectional. It is possible that duplex negotiation fails.

If the above tests are positive I would advise you to check MAC address table to verify if the MAC address of the phone shows as expected.

And only after I would try t do packet capture using port mirroring feature to identify what is sent and received.

Regards,

Aleksandra