Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH CBS220

psilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My SSH command "user@<IP>" in Cisco CBS220 does not accept a user and not promt a password, next displays a prompt to question a username and password, I was trying to use ansible to set up the switch but I have this problem.
With telnet I can respond to the prompt's from ansible but with SSH no.

I also detained that the switch takes a long time in the SSH command, it looks like there is a timeout however past several seconds responds

Does anyone know how I can solve the problem?

Product: Cisco CBS220-48T-4G

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can you SSH to it from a standard ssh-client (not ansible) ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, but even for the ssh-client I have a different behavior from an ssh to another type of equipment.
There is always a prompt asking for a username and password and as far as I've searched there is no way to remove this prompt

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you enable the SSH service on CBS220?

Yes, but i have a prompt for username and password in ssh command that it's not normal

- I would consider that normal, but perhaps you mean something else, you may want to post a screenshot and explain

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

These are the first two lines I speak, in normal ssh I don't usually ask for credentials this way and you can pass the username when you do the command "admin@XXXX" and then ask for the password but in this case the user is ignored and not even asked for the password does a "refresh" on the terminal and this window appears

- The ssh service on the CBS220 'has the rights' to ignore a username provided in the command line and may ask for it 'separately' as it is doing in this case.

M.

And is there no way around this functionality?
In my case this behavior has implications for using ansible and if it were possible to disable these "rights" it would be simpler

>And is there no way around this functionality?

Normally not ,  it is depended on how  the remote ssh-service works  , often this is seen as a security enhancement versus , usernames prolonged exposure on a command line when connecting , while usually the prompting and subsequent login-process takes a shorter amount of time. Of course there are scripting solutions which can cope with that, depending on script-language being used.

M.