Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to log onto Switch after Firmware update

lee.pearce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a CISCO SF250 48HP switch, on Friday i updated the firmware to the latest 2.5.8.15 and since then i have been unable to log onto the switch, we seem to be having the odd network issue but mostly its working, but i can't log onto the switch to investigate and fix. Is there a way to fix the password issue without having to do a factory reset or is the factory reset the only option

Any help given would be much appreciated

Regards

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Could be, I see no other option then factory reset, restore config (if backup was made) , or configure from scratch.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What error do you get when trying to login ? Where credentials and configuration  sufficiently saved before upgrading ? Was there an accidental change of credentials without saving configuration before upgrade ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

No configuration or credentials were changed, i logged on updated the firmware, the switch rebooted and when i tried to log back in it tells me the username or password is invalid. I did read an article where someone had the same issue but with a slightly different switch and it was because they had special characters in their password. our password has special characters init so was wondering if that was the cause

- Could be, I see no other option then factory reset, restore config (if backup was made) , or configure from scratch.

M.

Thanks for the help Marce

Have you tried the default credentials?

i did yes but same issue

lee.pearce
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to connect to the switch with the console cable and reset the password if the current password has stopped working?