Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN and MAC filter

Hi All.

I need your help to find a solution.

I have two CBS350 POE for control network and two SG350 for Dante audio network. All devices have two separate ports (1 for control connected to CBS and 1 for Dante audio connected to SG). But the new RF POE receiver SHURE has only one port with two MAC Address (1 for control and 1 for Dante). It's not possible to tag the port.

The RF receiver is connected to CBS for POE but I need to send  only Dante to SG. I want to filter MAC address control to CBS and MAC address Dante to SG.

Can you give me a process to do that, please ?? (I use the web interface)

Thanks for answers. Have a nice day.

Laurent

1 Reply 1

jimstewart77
Level 1
Level 1

you can use ingress filtering to split the two mac addresses off onto two vlans.  Trunk the two switches together with the two vlans and you should get the control address on the CBS and dante on the SG.  I would suggest connecting the device to the dante switch (but if that doesnt have PoE then your perhaps stuck with it on the CBS, but it means you need to disable EEE etc on the cbs and configure it like a dante switch.  I only have cli examples

some ports with ingress fiiltering.  Putting dante onto 400 and control on 100.  Its putting all traffic on the control vlan by default and filtering out anything coming from an audinate mac address and putting it on vlan 400

purpleswitch(config-if-range)#int range ge5-6

purpleswitch(config-if-range)#switchport mode general

purpleswitch(config-if-range)#switchport general allowed vlan add 100,400 untagged

purpleswitch(config-if-range)#switchport general map macs-group 1 vlan 400

purpleswitch(config-if-range)#switchport general pvid 100 

This is the MAC group.  Back in the day you used to be able to just use audinate MACs as a way of filtering the dante.  Now that not all products use real audinate chipsets, it doesnt generally work like that any more.

purpleswitch(config)#vlan database

purpleswitch(config-vlan)#map mac 00:1d:c1:00:00:00 24 macs-group 1