cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why do I get a blank page when logging into web browser config page?

gweedo_3d39
Level 1
Level 1

I am a CCNA student and I recently bought a SGE2000 10/100/1000 Switch to play around with.  I set it up and but I am having a little difficulty getting into the switch to configure it.  This switch has  GUI so I opened my browser and typed in the default IP address and then typed in the default login and password.  It accepts it fine but it takes me to a blank page.  The border and everything says Cisco Small Business.  There is even Logout, About, and Help options but everything else is blank.  No way for me to configure.  I have posted a picture below.  

I have also been trying to CLI into the switch but that doesn't work either.  It prompts me for the login and password but says that the password is incorrect or I don't have the right to have access to the page.  I can Telnet in just fine though.  It accepts the login and password.  I can configure things fine.  So why does the web browser not work and command line not work?  I would really like access to the CLI as there are more configuring options than what is provided on the GUI.  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

It looks like that web browser cannot load webpage. Did you try different version on web browser ? Or completely different web browser...

I had similar issue with opening web GUI in IE 8.

I have tried Chrome, FireFox, and IE.  All of them with the same outcome.  

The date in the bottom left of the image doesn't give you much hope does it :)

It looks like a browser issue, I have had the odd SGxx switch be really temperamental with browsers.

Try Safari/Opera.

If not, clear temp internet files and reload.

If not, try compatibility mode in IE

If not, try using an older release of one of the browsers. 

This is old, but I had the same issue. Using edge in internet explorer compatibility mode fixed it. Cheers to anyone seeing this in 2024