Views
Helpful
Replies

2348TQ-10G-E

cn7369
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get some 2348TQ-10G-E fex's online but they keep going from CONNECTED to OFFLINE.  The links are two 40G, one each to a 5672 switch.  I have a pair of 2248 fex's also connected (via 10G to each 5672) and they work perfectly.  The Nexus switch is running 7.1(4)N1(1).  the config for each 5672 for one of the problem fex's follows:

fex 101

pinning max-links 1

description "EH HA Server Farm 1"

interface port-channel11

description EH HA Server Farm FEX101

switchport mode fex fabric

fex associate 101

vpc 11

interface ethernet2/1

description  EH HA Server Farm FEX101

switchport mode fex-fabric

fex associate 101

channel-group 11

Am I missing something?

-Chris Noyes

4 Replies 4

Hello Chris,

you did it by the book. The only thing Cisco recommends is to use the fabric extender association only on the port channel and not on the physical interfaces. So you might want to remove 'fex associate 101' from Ethernet2/1.

What is the configuration of the other side of the port channel ?

Same config on both switches.  I only added the "fex associate" command to the port channel but the switch adds it automatically to the physical port for some reason.

This problem is driving me crazy.  

The only thing I could find is this field notice, but you seem to be running the NX-OS version that contains the fix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63977.html

What is the output of:

show int ethernet2/1 - x brief

where 'x' is the end of the range of interfaces in the port channel.

cf-ha-obb4-A# sh int eth2/1 brief

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethernet      VLAN    Type Mode   Status  Reason                   Speed     Port

Interface                                                                    Ch #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eth2/1        1       eth  fabric up      none                        40G(D) 11

cf-ha-obb4-A#

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card