Views
Helpful
Replies

2610XM Terminal Server Issues

mredwarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

I am a newbie to the forum. I recently purchased a lab kit that has 2 x 3560 and 2 x 2960 (one 2960 is PoE). I have a 2610XM Access Server connected to all routers and switches however there is a problem I am experiencing with 3560's. 

1. First I noticed that only the lights for the routers and the 2960 PoE switch are illuminated on the access server NM-32A card.

2. I do a show sessions to see my connections and I see all three 1841's, which I can connect to fine with no problems but when I attempt to connect both 3560 switches it just hangs forcing me to escape back to the access server. I have no problem connecting to both 2960 switches.

3. I look at the sessions again and I see the connection for the 3560-1 but again I cannot access it. The same happens for the second 3560 as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you check the console ports on the 3560s to make sure they are configured exactly like the 2960s?

HTH

I finally got it to work but then both 3560's begin locking up for some reason. One suggested to disable the flow control. I will try that next.

Thanks

In general the console ports of IOS devices do not support flow control on their console ports. I have experienced situations where having flow control configured on the terminal server did cause problems with connections to those console ports. So disabling flow control would be a logical next step.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card