cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 router redundancy

Denid0037
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have  a Cisco 2901 with the basic K9 license package. I need to add another 2901 as an HA backup. I read that the Cisco Unified Border Element can be used to do this. I am only carrying data traffic over this router (no voice, no video). I want to be sure I am ordering the right package with the new router and upgrading the old one correctly. I am to understand that I would need to have the UC Technology Package License on the new 2901 and would need to upgrade the old router to the same license. Can anyone verify that this is in fact the case before I buy the new unit?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have a look at figure-3 in this link. If you are only caring data you don't need the UC package.  The UC package for VoIP, IP telephony , etc....

You can go with security license or Data if you need any of these features that come with each license. For example if you are planning to do site-to-site vpn with this router than you need the security license.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/software-activation-on-integrated-services-routers-isr/white_paper_c11_556985.html

HTH

That's perfect. Thank you.

Please rate and mark the post as answered so others can benefit from it.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card