Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 Crash during upgrading

Aida Hadad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Please some one check below crashes info and give me a solution.

Current IOS is  15.0(2)SE5

This crash was happened during upgrading to Version 12.2(55)SE10 same as upgrading to Version 12.2(55)SE12

*Mar 1 00:00:31.356: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan1, changed state to down

=== Start of Crashinfo Collection (00:00:32 UTC Mon Mar 1 1993) ===

For image:
Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE10, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 11-Feb-15 11:46 by prod_rel_team

========= Show Alignment ============================

No alignment data has been recorded.

No spurious memory references have been recorded.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As to my opinion , the only thing possible is to factory reset the switch (save the configuration first); then install the intended IOS on the 'virgin box' and restore the configuration afterwards. Check wether this helps.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I will keep reset factory as last solution!!!

reset factory on all devices is like a bullet in the head.

- Yeah I know and I am fully aware , you will probably not experience this on all devices; one thing to try first is , to power-cycle the switch you intend to upgrade (if not already done!)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I did and also I changed IOS to previous one in ROMmon too.

My question is why I can't change my IOS based on crash log info?

Any technical solution in this regard would be greatly appreciated...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate thread. 

Kindly post all response(s) into the main thread (HERE).

Using the info from the other thread:

I decoded the information from the crash and I think that at this point you figured it out that a hardware failure was the root cause for the crash.
The device was trying to initiate the STP initial subsystem but it was not able to do it.
The specific part of the hardware part that is failing could not be determined but open a ticket with Cisco TAC to start the replacement process.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card