cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960POE - may problems with inline power ??

ostermaier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Problem at a Customersite.

The whole Accessarea is equipped with WS-C2960-24PC-L. That all works fine for about 2 Years right now.

Since a few weeks about 2 times a day any VoIP Phone (Manufacturer is Avaya) is restarting. Obviously only

during an actice call.

So the config of the Switches hadn´t changed since about 1 Year. In most cases are always several phones affected - not always the same.

The Firmware of the Phone changed, but as a try to solve this issue. Before the Firmware stay since about half a year.

If I see that only a few phones affected and not the same whic are rebooting..... ?

So we investigate in many directions.

I hope to get ideas what could be the Problem !?! Anyone here who made the same experience? Anyone who knows one ;-) ?

Thankfull for every input - except to change the PBX ;-)

BR

Stephan

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I hope to get ideas what could be the Problem !

I think you just solved your own issues.

So the config of the Switches hadn´t changed since about 1 Year.

Ok.  That's good.

The Firmware of the Phone changed, but as a try to solve this issue. Before the Firmware stay since about half a year.

Bingo!

Has anyone tried to roll-back the firmware and see if this rectifies the issue?  I've seen Nortel firmware break the VoIP. 

Has anyone tried to roll-back the firmware and see if this rectifies the issue?  I've seen Nortel firmware break the VoIP

Sorry - May I expressed me unclear. The problem starts already 2 or 3 month ago. One of the attempts to fix the problem, was an update of the PBX and the Phones.

Before and after the Firmwareupgrade the problems was the same. So, maybe someone have made the same experiences.

BR Stephan

What IOS are you currently running?  2 year old switch means that you are running a fairly old IOS.  Have you tried upgrading this?

Hi leolaohoo,

the Firmware is 12.2.44. No we hadn´t do an upgrade until now, because it works fine for about 1 1/4  Years. So this could be a possible next step, but I don´t think, that this could be the reason.

I forgot to tell one thing. The Switches are all connected with Power  and to an RPS 2300, too.

BR

Stephan

the Firmware is 12.2.44. No we hadn´t do an upgrade until now, because it works fine for about 1 1/4  Years.

You could be right.  But then Cisco users (including Cisco themselves) discovers bugs or irregularity in IOS's.  So I wouldn't be hesitant in upgrading your IOS to the newer ones.

When the phones reset, what logs do you see?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card