Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X-24TS-L upgrade path from 15.0.2a-EX5 to 15.2.7E4

jl2502051
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can I go straight from 15.0.2a-EX5 to 15.2.7E4? I can't find any documentation where It is described/confirmed.

Thanks for reply. 

Jakub

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes you can jump directly, make sure to check release notes for any config / command changes. 

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Direct upgrade to 15.2(7)E train is possible, HOWEVER, I strongly recommend doing a COLD REBOOT (pull the power cable) instead of issuing the "reload" command.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Start by reading the Release Notes of the targeted version, look for upgrade and installation guidelines.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank You for Your advice. I checked release notes before post for help. If there is some document where I can find exact answer, could You please paste link?

JL.

Mohsin Alam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes you can jump directly, make sure to check release notes for any config / command changes. 

Thank You. 

Of course before upgrade all will be checked. I was just not sure about direct path.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Direct upgrade to 15.2(7)E train is possible, HOWEVER, I strongly recommend doing a COLD REBOOT (pull the power cable) instead of issuing the "reload" command.

Thank You for reply.

During research I saw that sometimes are issues during reload where solution is cold reboot. Thanks for this advice.

Hello Leo,

Can I go straight from 15.0.2a-EX5 to 15.2.7E7? I can't find any documentation where It is described/confirmed.

Appreciate your comments.

Regards.

@oscar.garcia88 wrote:
Can I go straight from 15.0.2a-EX5 to 15.2.7E7? I can't find any documentation where It is described/confirmed.

Yes, it is possible and very much supported.  

HOWEVER, a would like to put a word of warning.  2960X/XR is one of the most heavily sold as counterfeit.  The only time users find out the 2960X is a counterfeit is when the switch firmware gets updated (and bricks the switch).  

Look at the Purchase Order or the delivery docket of the switch to confirm it is not counterfeit.  If it is not, upgrade away.

If you believe the unit is counterfeit, contact Cisco Counterfeit Protection team for assistance.  They will not go after you but, rather, they want to know where did counterfeit switches come from (the source). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card