cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x flexstacks general trend in average response times increasing, what could be causing this? any loops on the server hosts are due to round robin config on the host.

SultanLone2361
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas what could be causing the response times to go up the POE switch has only been installed 6 weeks ago and it seems we are having slowness on the network. We have a VMhost which is flapping but this is the only one left the other storage devices I have unplugged off the network. 

The attached are from solarwinds.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not helpful.
No useful information to start with.

What information would you need?

ios is bare image bin file 15.2-2 e7 issue only started after 6weeks of install.

only happening on 2 out of 4 switches in a stack, the master and member 2.

@SultanLone2361 wrote:

Any ideas what could be causing the response times to go up the POE switch has only been installed 6 weeks ago and it seems we are having slowness on the network.

Describe this.  

A server?  Connected to an access switch not designed for server work?  

Post the complete output to the command "sh interface <SERVER PORTS> controller".  We want to see the output to all the ports connected to the server. 

"sh run interface <Server PORTS>". 

Show logs

Let's start with these.

Hello,

how many switches are in the stack ? Try and reseat the stack modules, and check the cabling. Also, check the output of:

Switch#show switch stack-ring speed

and make sure the ring speed is the same on all member switches.

x4 as I have posted above.

Master:

sh switch stack-ring speed

Stack Ring Speed : 20G
Stack Ring Configuration: Full
Stack Ring Protocol : FlexStack

Hello,

it might be one bad stack module or stack cable, try to narrow it down by removing and reinserting them one by one...

Hello,
Thanks for your response, I cannot unplug stack cables right now in a live environment but I know its only two switches which are having this issue. So possibly could try this out of hours, Master and member 2 are the ones causing the intermittent network drops. Sorry for the poor diagram.

All 4 switches in stack show same speed 20G

cisco have sent replacements x2, it will be interesting to see behaviour once they are in.

Hello

I assume you've checked for any flooding/broadcasts span/rspan sessions or any frequent spanning-tree recalculations/convergences impeding connectivity?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul, 

There has not been any re convergence on spanning tree the Root bridges remain as they were.

I know where the broadcasts are currently this is something that needs to be "managed" out of the network.

We have not SPAN ports or RSPAN I had one but removed this.

The wierd part of the network drop is that the phone does not loose connection only internal application drops and outlook 0365, but if you do a continous ping at the time to google or to the app server you will not see a lost packet.

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card