cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 QoS Question

bill.greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

I am dealing with a 3560G with QoS enabled and I see significant output drops on one particular interface.  This interface carries approximately 260Mbps received from several interfaces.  It appears the traffic is being dropped only from Queue 1: (snippet of sh mls qos int g1/1 stat)

output queues dropped: 
 queue:    threshold1   threshold2   threshold3
-----------------------------------------------
 queue 0:           0           0           0 
 queue 1:   181734385           0           0 
 queue 2:           0           0           0 
 queue 3:           0           0           0 

I have tried increasing the processing of Queue 1:

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 75 25 5
srr-queue bandwidth shape 0 3  0  0

But nothing I have done seems to have any impact on the output drops from Queue 1.

I almost feel like turning QoS off altogether, but would prefer to leave QoS enabled and get the setup corrected.

Recommendations?  (And yes I have recommended the 3560G be replaced, so that is off the table)  Is my configuration correct or should I be doing something different.?

Thank you for your time.

Bill

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Suggestions?  Well, the purpose of the shaper on that queue?  How did you try to increase processing for Q1?

Assuming the drops are due to transient bursts, and also assuming this traffic isn't latency sensitive, you can buffer tune to increase the available queue depth for this traffic.

There's a great document on these forums that explains 3560/3750 buffer tuning.  See https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31581/egress-qos

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,  

Can you get these commands and post the output?

#show mls qos maps dscp-output-q
#show mls qos queue-set

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card