cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 not all 'uplink' ports not working 10gig vs 1gig

Austin Godbey
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a switch stack of 3 WS-C3650-48PQ. Currently ports 1/1/1 and 1/1/2 are servicing 1 gig connections. Ports 2/1/1, 2/1/2, 3/1/1, & 3/1/2 are all servicing 10 gig connections. I've got a device I've patched into all the open ports and none of them will come up. Initially it was configured for a port channel for 2 connections to the device, but I've dumbed it down to just basic switchport connectivity. I've patched the device into a lab switch (C3650-48PS) with 4 1gig uplinks and it comes up. Used the same SFPs from the switch stack on the lab switch, so those are ruled out.

Does the WS-C3650-48PQ have limitations on how many active ports there can be for those 4 uplink ports? If it's got a 10gig connection can the port next to it be a 1gig connection? I'm thinking along the lines of the network modules for 3850 switches were it's either two 10gig connections or four 1gig connections and wondering if it's the same situation with these built in ports on the 3650. Thank you for any help or insight.

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes I've seen that table, but it doesn't list this scenario. It's a WS-C3650-48PQ and on that table it is listed as:
4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP+ or 4 x Gigabit Ethernet with SFP
But not all 4 ports are working in this switch stack.

That is correct. 

4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP+ or 4 x Gigabit Ethernet with SFP

is listed in table-12.

So, it appears that you can use all 4 ports as 10Gig or 1Gig and not a mix of both.

HTH

Issue is on the first switch ports 1/1/1 and 1/1/2 are both running 1 gig, but ports 1/1/3 and 1/1/4 aren't operational as 1 gig. They aren't operational at all.

Then you may have a bad module. Try opening a ticket with Cisco TAC. May have to RMA it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: