Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 without password

Markus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a 3650 with NO password, this means no access to config menu to change password etc.

When i start the switch in ROMMON the flash filesystem is in read-only mode so i can not install copy a new file to the switch

dir-output

xmodem[0]: (read-only)
null[1]: (read-write)
bs[3]: (read-only)
usbflash0[10]: (read-write)
flash[19]: (read-only)
tftp[20]: (read-write)

How can i reset the switch to factory default settings. Holding Mode-Button doesn't work. Copy, Installing, EXEC commands doesn't work without password

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you were in ROMMON did the use the procedure under the heading "Procedure with Password Recovery Enabled" ?  Especially the bit about setting the environment variable "SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1" ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3se/system_management/configuration_guide/b_sm_3se_3650_cg.pdf

The interesting bit:

1. Power off the switch

2. Power on the switch.  Within 15 seconds, press the Mode button while the System LED is still flashing green.

3. Continue pressing the Mode button until all the system LEDs turn on and remain solid; then release the Mode button.

It doesn't work.

after a few seconds "SYST" and "ACTV" LED remain to Orange/red solid without any other changes.

When i release the mode button after one minute, System LED is flashing green again

When you were in ROMMON did the use the procedure under the heading "Procedure with Password Recovery Enabled" ?  Especially the bit about setting the environment variable "SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1" ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: