Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 QOS Classify traffic from the switch to a vlan

MARK CASEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Apologies if I repeated this - I thought I had submitted it , but I cant find it.

I have a 3750 with 3 vlan's and a 6 Mbit trunked uplink through the fast 1/0/1 port and DSCP QOS implemented.

The uplink is often saturated with data traffic.The phones are applying QOS and working well.

My problem is that I use VLAN 99 for management access and it is often impacted by the heavy traffic on the uplink port.

I want to classify snmp, telnet and icmp traffic from the switch ie 10.242.99.104/vlan 99 outgoing through interface 1 as AF.

Is there a way to classify traffic outgoing on the fast 1/0/1 port before the DSCP to Queue Mapping occurs ?

Using any of the sourceIP, VLAN or protocols ?

Thanks in Advance

Mark

Configuration Extract

mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 1 threshold 2 3
mls qos srr-queue output cos-map queue 2 threshold 2 1
mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue 1 threshold 2 26
mls qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue 2 threshold 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
mls qos queue-set output 2 threshold 1 800 800 100 800
mls qos queue-set output 2 threshold 2 400 200 100 400
mls qos queue-set output 2 buffers 45 35 5 15
mls qos

vlan internal allocation policy ascending
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet1/0/1
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 5
 switchport mode trunk
 speed 10
 duplex full
 srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 60 5
 srr-queue bandwidth limit 60
 queue-set 2
 priority-queue out
 mls qos trust dscp

interface Vlan1
 no ip address
 shutdown
!
interface Vlan99
 description management
 ip address 10.242.99.104 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan104
 description Data VLan
 ip address 10.155.1.251 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan105
 description Voice Vlan
 no ip address

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Is there a way to classify traffic outgoing on the fast 1/0/1 port before the DSCP to Queue Mapping occurs ?

You mean, like you can often do on Cisco routers?  If so, not that I'm aware of on a 3750.

Using any of the sourceIP, VLAN or protocols ?

You can match on such within an ingress policy.  Is there a reason why you can not apply to your ingress ports?

Hi Joseph

My problem is that the packets I am trying to qualify are coming from the switch itself,  ie 10.242.99.104 outgoing through an interface on a specific vlan. So I dont have an interface to put an ingress policy on (unless something defines a system interface that I don't know about). I really need an egress one ??

Mark

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card