cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Stack cable issue

girjesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I have one scenario in which I am using two 3750 switch which are stacked. what would happen in such case when both of stack cable gone faulty and both switches are up ? Can any one help me to know about the failover condition in such case,  is there any active active situation will come or there is any other mechanism to avoid the duplicity of frame ?

Regards

Girjesh Kuamr 

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Logically thinking about this if both go only the master will work as both switches will go standalone if they break from the stack , the slave would have been added in to the master so it wont have all the config most likely only port configuration , so if both go you will be left with 1 working switch the master i would think

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

. . . the slave would have been added in to the master so it wont have all the config . . .

Each 3750 stack member should have a copy of the full config, so as Nagaraj noted, the two stack members will both be on-line operating as the configured logical device.  (BTW, this is also true of a partitioned stack, i.e. more than two members.  Each stack "half" would operate as if it were the configured logical device.)

Nagaraj Ramachandran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Girjesh,

If both the stack cables go faulty, then both switches will land into stand-alone. So will end up having two Masters.

--

Nagaraj R

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card