Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Stacked Switch Issue

a.papadopoulos1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

if i need to restart the switch due to an error that i've made on an ACL to get back start up configuration, do i have to reboot the master switch or the whole stack? 

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have no console access you will need to plug out the stack let it all reboot to get the config back, once you didn't save it after you applied the acl it will revert back to previous config

a cleaner way is try get console onto it and remove the config though , rebooting whole stack is going to be service effecting for a lot of devices

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

if you reload from the master cli it will reboot the stack anyway , only if the master fails would another switch take over so its basically same as rebooting stack , if you just pull the master plug it wont effect config if setup right it should move to the next priority switch and take over , can you not get on in console remove the config rather than reboot if your locked out of vty ?

Hi Mark, yes i've been locked out from the vty, so my only solution is to unplug the power from the switch.

So basically should i unplug all 3 of them to get back my previous configuration?

If you have no console access you will need to plug out the stack let it all reboot to get the config back, once you didn't save it after you applied the acl it will revert back to previous config

a cleaner way is try get console onto it and remove the config though , rebooting whole stack is going to be service effecting for a lot of devices

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card