cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Switch cycling

Michael Kline
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750-48TS switch that has a port that is constantly cycling amber to green to amber etc.  I currently have the port set for 100/full and have verified the workstation is also set for 100/full on the NIC.  I have tried setting the port to auto/auto, but the port continues to cycle.  All of my other ports are fine.  What can be causing the cycling of the port?

18 Replies 18

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Could be a bad termination. Try reterminating the cable or checking the opposing nic. I had a port flapping in my environment and reterminating the cable fixed it.

---

Posted by WebUser Ryan Dhira Dunnion

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

If you have tried multiple machines, why would it be the NIC? Clear counters and see if CRC errors come back.

---

Posted by WebUser Bryan Hefner

Beetlejuice01
Level 1
Level 1

If with that workstation the port go from green to orange and with laptop as Michael said "have tried using a couple of different machines on the same port (f1/0/1) and have no problem connecting" the problem is  of workstation's nic.. because with other machine there isn't any problem... and how he said... crc are not incremented

Gotcha Fabio.  I misread that part of the statement.  Thought is said he did have the same problem connecting.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card