Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 switch stack implementation

hamidul.islam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have two stacks of switches. In each stack we have 3 members now. All switches are 3750 [WS-3750-48PS-S] and the os version is 12.2. All the switches are now active and in operation and all ports are assigned to different VLANS.

I have to take a switch out of a stack and add it back to the other stack. That is after the changes one stack will have 2 switches and other stack will have 4 switches. The switch that I am going to replace has prority 1 and the stack where I am going to add has priority [15,10 and 5].

When I add the switch to the new stack will it automatically get the configurations from the stack master?

Will the  existing configurations of the switch will conflict with the new configurations?

Thanks

17 Replies 17

Hi Hamidul,

No, there will not be any LED activity since you are basically removing the stack cable after you turn off the switch.

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

My concern is on the following scenario and hope that will help me to understand the situations more clearly.

Assume i have 3 switches and

If i have removed a switch from the stack and kept the remaining 2 switches at the stack with the stackwise cables, and issue the command "show running-configurations" at the master switch, do I see that the ports and cofig associated with the removed switch has been updated or removed from the config file immediately? Or after some time it will update those changes?

Thanks

Hamidul

Hi Hamidul,

You most likely have to unprovision switch number 3 from the stack and reboot the stack.

no switch 3 provision

Make sure to backup your config before removing the member

Also, make sure you do this during on outage window as you never know what can go wrong.

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card