Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X iOS license required for routed ports

LEN BONK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've been tasked with installing our new Internet router. I have a stand-alone WS-C3750-24P-L with LAN base. I need a routed port to establish connection with our ISP. I've purchased IP Base licensing and applied it, and copied the ipbase iOS to flash, but I get "Error: hardware not supported by firmware. Try loading never software instead." on boot.

Is my process faulty? Am I not understanding the requirements necessary for routed ports? Or do I simply need a newer iOS version? I'm using 122-58.SE1.

Sorry for the basic question, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Len

4 Replies 4

Are you sure that you loaded the right IOS (hopefully you didn't upgrade your switch with an iOS ... )? In the title you write about an 3750X, but in the text you mention a (to my knowledge non-existent) non-X model. Please show the exact filename that you downloaded and also a "show version".

And the 3750-X with IPBase supports routed ports.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Hi Karsten.

Aughh. sorry, it is indeed a WS-C3750X-24P-L.

OK it's going now. Sorry for freaking out. It truly just flat refused to load SE1. I grabbed SE2 and it's now loading.

If you want to do Layer 3, please avoid using 12.2(58)SE. 

Try 12.2(55)SE8.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card