cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750x stacked switches

bufton4065
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 3750x stacked switches , both with the latest firmware on them. I enter the configuration onto one switch and it obviously copies over onto the other switch. Although in the configuration I have both a console username and password and an enable password, when I try to log onto the initial switch that I entered the configuration on, I am prompted for a username and password, which works fine, but when I try to enter enable mode i get an error stating that no password has been set. However when logging onto the other switch I am not prompted for a username or password but when I try to enter enable mode I am prompted for a password and can access it with no problems.

Has anyone got any ideas what my issue could be?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Charlotte.

A stack works as a unit, You can't logging into switch 1 or switch 2, because they work as one, that's why you stack 3750. Question: How are you stacking the switches? ... using stack cables I hope... not with ethernet cables.

How are you stacking the switches?

How are you logging into the switches?

Show switch if possible? (maybe thru console cable)

Regards.

Wilson B.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card