Helpful
Replies

3750x stackwise and stackpower details

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have three 3750x to be stacked. I have below doubts :

As i understood that ,we need not to configure anything for stacking , In that case , how the master selection happens even we have all IOS and hardware identical.

we have not configured any switch < stack number > priority command in any switch .

how it happens ?

Do i just need to connect the stackwise cable and reboot the devices .

Please put light on this .........................

Regarding power stacking :

Again here also , we need not to configure anything for power stack as well . how can we connect and power connection will be ?

Please suggest me for the same.

I have already gone through the cisco links but unfortunately , i am not able to understand .

3 Replies 3

Mohamad Qayoom
Level 3
Level 3

You don't need to configure the switches to be a master in the stack. A master will be chosen by the stacking algorithm.

But it is always a good idea to change priorities of the switches so that you know which switch will be the master.

hi ,

Thanks for your prompt response ....  As you mentioned , i understood that , I just need to connect the stackwise cable and restart the switches , automatically it will select the master out of it and i will one console for all switches ................ if i am not configuring any switch priority command ....

is that so ?

Please correct me if i am wrong...

You don't have to restart all the switches.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card