cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 Cabinet Depth?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I’ve got some wall cabinets that just might be too small.  What size does Cisco say the cabinets must be for 3850s?  I've been burned before with these really long 3850s...

The data sheet shows 3850s

1.75 x 17.5 x 17.7

With some 3850 models;

1.75 x 17.5 x 19.2

So do I list front rail to back requirement at 24” or go higher?  What size should the cabinet be to have enough space?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The depth of the switch is17.5. So as long as the depth of the cabinet is 24" you should be fine.

APC makes good cabinets

here is a wall mount one you can use:

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AR100HD

HTH

Hi Reza,

I am working for UK based Rail project. I am planning to use an IP 65 rated wall mount rack in a room. The end devices are IP CCTV cameras which uses PoE for power.

My initial thoughts were to use an Industrial grade switch as location is an electrified area. But lower port density for Industrial Switch and limited poe ports is making me to fall back to C3850X series Switch.

My question is, can I use C3850X switches in Wall mount rack which is not temperature controlled.

My question is, can I use C3850X switches in Wall mount rack which is not temperature controlled.

Technically yes, its obviously best to have a temperature controlled rack but as long as ambient temperature is not stupidly high and there is enough airflow then it should be fine.

The Data Sheet shows:

Normal operating temperature* and altitudes:

-5ºC to +45ºC, up to 5000 feet (1500m)
If you are running the switch at 40 degrees centigrade constantly then you may find it doesn't last as long as running it at 20 degrees.
Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card