cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 v-mismatch

Toolshedr6
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3850 stack with 3 switches. They been up for half a year or so without any issues.

Today 3rd member switch shows v-mismatch.

I don't have autoupdate enabled.

What would be the best way for me to fix the issue with least amount of downtime.

I'm guessing image is still on the flash but I haven't consoled into that switch yet to verify 

running denali 16.1.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the uptime (sh version) of the stack.  Maybe switch #3 had a crash/reboot and loaded a different IOS.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a hardware mismatch or software?  "show switch" will show you the hardware versions and "sh flash-1: and sh flash-2: will show you the IOS for each switch. Also, "sh ver switch 1" and 2 can show you what IOS each switch is running.

HTH 

HW ver is V05 on all 3

both Flash1 and Flash2 has .bin that switch is booting with. Verified with sh boot 

sh ver switch1 and 2 shows 16.01.01E.SPA pcks

How about switch 3?

for flash-3: I see .bin as well.

if I do sh ver switch 3 Switch is not available. Please check if switch is in compatible state

It may be that the IOS is corrupted for some reason. Try reloading the same exact IOS version into switch-3 and during a maintenance window reload it.

HTH

can I use archive copy-sw in this case

Also would I need to remove it from a stack?

I think it is safer if you just remove it from the stack, load the IOS, make sure everything is fine and than add it back to the stack. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/ha_stack_manager/configuration_guide/b_hastck_3se_3850_cg/b_hastck_3se_3850_cg_chapter_010.html#task_D9842BED4F9A44A694C0FC29B964481C

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the uptime (sh version) of the stack.  Maybe switch #3 had a crash/reboot and loaded a different IOS.

uptime is 39 weeks

Post the complete output to the following commands:
1. sh version; and
2. sh switch d

it was the case of boot variable being changed for next reload. that switch took a reboot and booted into another version

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card