cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 report question

cissstc13
Level 1
Level 1

I am really new to cisco switches and I am running into a problem where my intel gigabit adapters are connecting at 100mbs/half duplex.  The PC is set to autonegotiate but I am not sure what the switch ports are set too.  I want to ask our telecom group if they could give me a report which shows all the ports on the switch and what they are linking at or at least configured at.   I am trying to figure out an easy way to script this from the desktop but I was wondering if there was a method that can generate a report from the switch maybe as a PDF or some type of txt format.  I am responsible for the desktops so I have limited access to any switches.  Any input on this matter I would appreciate.   Our PC's are running a mix of XP and vista with a mix of network cards (mostly broadcom 57xx gigbit and the intel 82566DM-2 Gigabit and the intel 82567DM-2)

I know we can get this information from the switch if you check each individual port but there seems there should be a better way.   Maybe there is some type of network management software that is provided with the swtiches that would help?

15 Replies 15

Here is a way to approach this. What you can do is tell them in troubleshooting some issues with users reporting problems accessing networked resources you discovered some of the users were running at half duplex while there NIC's are set to Auto and was wondering what the ports they are connected are set to. If they have hard set them you could ask that the ports for users be set to Auto.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card