Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4900M TCAMINTERRUPT and FLTCAMPARITYERROR

Hi,

I have this 4900M running version 12.2(54)SG1.  I the log I get this 3 lines:

May  8 08:32:15: %C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-4-TCAMINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 429 times)flCam0  aPErr interrupt. errAddr: 0xC48 dPErr: 1 mPErr: 0 valid: 1

May  8 08:32:24: %C4K_L3HWFORWARDING-4-FLTCAMPARITYERROR: (Suppressed 866 times)FL Tcam Perr with no FwdEntry Hw index: 3144 Hw entry:  Sw entry:

May  8 08:32:45: %C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-4-TCAMINTERRUPT: (Suppressed 432 times)flCam0  aPErr interrupt. errAddr: 0xC48 dPErr: 1 mPErr: 0 valid: 1

They seems to be coming on regular basis, repeating every minute.

I've tried googling and the most relevant info I can find is this http://tcam-interrupt.blogspot.com/2010/09/tcaminterrupt.html.

But it says "Upgrade software to IOS version 12.2(52)SG or later OR 12.2(50)SG4 or later. ".  I'm already running 12.2(54), so why does this 3 line repeatedly show up in the log every minute.

Br

Geir

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Geir,

the second message

May  8 08:32:24: %C4K_L3HWFORWARDING-4-FLTCAMPARITYERROR: (Suppressed 866 times)FL Tcam Perr with no FwdEntry Hw index: 3144 Hw entry:  Sw entry:

is not listed in the symptoms of the bug.referred in the blog.

Is the switch working correctly?

I would open a service request to have TAC feedback, It might be a reappearence of that bug or it may be sign of a faulty hardware.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply.

The switch seems to be working properly, I have not heard of any problems concerning servers/trunks connected to it.

It's only that these messages are logged quite often.

I cannot open a TAC case, have to do it through my vendor.  But I have already given them the information, and they are aware of the problem.  They said it might be a solution to upgrade to latest IOS version.  I can do that, but if it solves the problem...?

Br

Geir

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card