Replies

4G LTE on Cisco Switch issue

magyshanks2020
Level 1
Level 1

hi

The situation is 

vlan 200

SW1 that got Vlan 200 i got Port 45 as Trunk... 

the configuration is 

switch port mode access vlan 200

switch port mode trunk

ip dhcp snooping trust

the 4G router gateway  is 10.0.300.1

----

Senaerio1

I connected the 4g router to the switch 

I go to the pc and i give it 10.0.300.52 and default gateway 10.0.300.1 but no internet!

senerio 2

I connected a Managed TPLink router to the switchport 

I connected the 4g router to the Managed TPLink

I go to the pc  and i give it 10.0.300.52 and default gateway 10.0.300.1 but  internet work!

Note : DHCP disabled on the 4G Router

How can i Solve this problem.. i want to connect the 4g to the switch and get internet from the Computer side within the vlan 200 only

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Is the 4g LTE router vlan aware, because the solution you describe leads me to suspect it's not? Is there a reason you are using a trunk?

While those two commands can certainly be configured together, they don't both apply at the same time.
switch port mode access vlan 200 > applies only is you have "switchport mode access" configured on the port
switch port mode trunk - means the port is in trunking mode.

I suspect that you want the 4g router to receive traffic without vlan tags, in which case you have two options. You can either specify port 45 as "switchport mode access" (then switchport access vlan 200 will apply), or set "switchport trunk native vlan 200" which will result in vlan 200 traffic arriving at the 4g router without a vlan tag.

I want the 4G Router to distrbute internet  inside vlan 200 only.. I modified my Question

so do i make port 45 access port or Trunk Port ?

and what are the configs for that port?

Switching it to an access port would be the most straight forward way.

interface x/x/45
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 200

thats what i did but it didnt get internet from the computer side,, or u mean i have to do it in same code order?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card