cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509-E Supported Switch Modules with latest stable IOS 12.(33)

csiniawski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I recently ran an upgrade on my 6509-E's and when the first switch came back up, 3 of the 10/100 switches that were in the chassis did not power on. After further investigation, these models are not supported by this latest IOS version.       The module # is : WS-X6248-RJ-45

We have one WS-X6348-RJ-45 and since it was a few weeks ago I did this I can't remember for sure but I believe this one came up.

It was really late at night and I don't know where I found the information regarding this being unsupported but I know it is out there and I was hoping someone could point me to the page that showed me that this was unsupported with the latest stable IOS of 12.(33).

In addition to this question, I have approval to purchase some newer gigabit switches that will be supported by this new IOS version and hopefully at least the next few over the next few years. Can someone let me know which specific gig models are currently and hopefully should be supported for the next few years? I don't need PoE or anything spectacular, just regular switches that are attached to either servers or virtual hosts. I've been looking at the lists of what is out there and it seems like there are hundreds of different models and it is becoming diffcult to determine what is what.

Any help with this would be really appreciated as I need to get moving on this but with all of the various options out there I want to make sure I'm looking for the right hardware.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just go the main cisco page and do a search on your  version release notes . The supported hardware is in the release notes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card