cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509-E

rioneljeudy
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few 6509-E on our network running IOS: Version 12.2(18)SXF15. We are seeing random issue with the posts:

- Polycom devices are rebooting randomly (We have enough POE power)

- Video conferencing systems work on certain ports and not others. (Sometimes not getting IP---Or they are getting IP but networking is buggy...)

These issues are random and we are unable to take wireshark capture while the problem is happening. Has anyone experienced the same problem? if so, is there a fix? We are unable to do any software upgrade in the moment.

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which supervisor engine do you have?

What appears in the switch log when they randomly reboot?

We are using the following SUP: Supervisor Engine 32 10GE (Active) WS-SUP32-10GE-3B   SAD09330B6F.

When devices reboot, we do not see anything in the switch log except for interface up/down.

Can you get a log off the Polycom so we can see why it things it needs to reboot?

Hi Philip, this is a random event - As a result we are unable to get good info during the reboot.

This is going to be really hard to resolve.  It is hard to even narrow down where the fault is.

Are you able to upgrade the Polycom firmware (even on just a few phones) to see if this changes the issue?

Hi Philip, this is a great idea - I will ask the phone team to upgrade the Polycom. I will send out an update soon.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

- Polycom devices are rebooting randomly (We have enough POE power)

Ok, so this is a Sup32.  What is the uptime?  

- Video conferencing systems work on certain ports and not others. (Sometimes not getting IP---Or they are getting IP but networking is buggy...)

This is all beginning to sound like faulty cabling to me.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card