cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6513 IOS upgrade lack of memory?

wonderpug
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 6513 switch with sup 720 MSFC3. I would like to upgrade its old ios to 12.33sxhd7 enterprise package. However the switch has low flash and dram. Does anyone know what the memory spec so i can purchase for this upgrade?

Regarding the IOS download from Cisco, appearantely they have changed their download page. i can't seem to find this ios for 6513 with 720/msfc anymore.

2 Replies 2

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 6500 SUP720 specs including memory can be found at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_data_sheet09186a0080159856.html

Not sure if the memory part numbers in that file are still valid though from the ordering point-of-view.

Memories that can be ordered seem to be the following:

MEM-S2-512MB=, MEM-MSFC2-512MB=, MEM-SUP720-SP-1GB=, MEM-MSFC3-1GB

For the software download, here is the complete path to access 6500/SUP720 IOS:

Fred

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I forgot to tell you the memory requirements for the requested software:

ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES SSH
s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH7.bin
Release Date: 15/MAR/2010
Size: 78535.54 KB (80420388 bytes)
Minimum Memory:                                                                                                                                                                      DRAM:512MB                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Flash:512MB

Is that the software you were looking for ?

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco